I started in 2000 an interesting mind experiment. How would you program if
you have only aspects.
I had following main intentions among others:
- Get a deep understanding about the difference between aspects and objects
- Identify what is minimal required for a AOP
- think how you to program in standalone AOP
- learn what is OO and what is AOP in modern GAPL
- perform a total mind wash, to have an "empty" brain aspects
I came to the conclusions, that it is possible to program only with aspects,
and one control flow statement.
I decided therefore to write small programs using only pure aop in a subset
I limited myself to use only:
- The if statement, I could have used the while statement instead.
- The advices and pointcuts
- method calls to empty functions, because it is not possible to advice
advices in aspectJ directly.